Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kilo Bali - Seminyak







Kilo is a hidden gem! They can't really be seen from the main road, but they are quite easy to be found. I admire how they really put efforts in their exterior and interior design. I'm enchanted by the high glass windows, it's so elegant and yet minimalist. Chef Hans, their new executive chef, is very welcoming and friendly. The service staff were seen cooperative and attentive to my table.



Sake Sangria
Kiki-Masamune sake, ginger, orange, mint
Rp 100k

I can't believe it when I had my first sip of this sangria. It was extraordinary and had a very pleasant taste. I had horrible horrible HORRIBLE sangria in Ubud a few days before I went to Kilo, so this Sake Sangria almost brought me to tears (of joy ;)).


Furikake Corn
Nori, bonito, sesame, wasabi mayo
Rp 60k

This appetizer was so fun and light with a little bit of smokiness! If you are vegan, you should really try this when eating at Kilo, because it is just so fine. One more proof that simple things can be exceptionally done well.


Salt and Pepper Crispy Baby Squid
Chipotle mayo, cilantro
Rp 75k

The crispy baby squid was not overcooked, the coating was crispy and the squid was not rubbery at all, done perfectly. I enjoy the sauce together with the squid, a really great combination. Classic and can never go wrong.


Squid Ink Rice
Prawn, salmon roe, sesame, garlic aioli
Rp 150k

I've always been a fan of squid ink, squid ink pasta, squid ink bread, squid ink soup, squid ink sauce. So, I was very excited to try this! And it did not dissapoint me, it blends nicely with the salmon roe, which create a nice texture and the prawn had that crunch sound when you eat it (cooked just nice). This plate seems like a small portion, because I was splitting it into two plates with my friend.
Next time, I should try their other signature which is Wasabi Tuna Tartare (oh how much I love anything tartare).

Sticky Black Rice with Banana Compote, Basil Lime Ice Cream, and Coconut Dressing
Rp 80k

This is an interesting new dessert that they recommend. The taste was different and fresh, I love the texture and I think the whole thing blend nicely, except I've never really like basil. Though I kind of like the basil lime ice cream that they serve here, I prefer to have other flavor of ice cream to eat with my sticky black rice, banana compote and walnuts!


All in all, the experience was fascinating and delicious. Though the price is a bit on the high side, it's an excellent place to hang out and have a great dinner with great cocktails. Definitely an uber-cool place to visit. Love the cactus decorations by the way!

KILO Bali
Jalan Drupadi No. 22
Seminyak, Kuta
Bali 80361, Indonesia
Phone: +62 361 4741006
bali@kilokitchen.com

Price: $$$
Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment