Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Kajin - Sushi Bar at Seminyak





Kajin is a contemporary sushi bar located at Jalan Seminyak, Bali. The place is at level 2 and owned by the same owner as Rayjin, a teppanyaki bar placed at level 1 of the building. The restaurant is small, cozy, yet beautiful. The atmosphere there was awesome and surprisingly heartwarming. The service was excellent and very helpful. I adore the positive energy that came from the chefs who can be seen working at the open kitchen.

Aaw, look at this. My boyfriend made a reservation and they purposely put his name on the card to welcome him. They also did this to the guests who sat next to me at the bar. Pretty cool, huh. :)


And like the previous gestures were not impressive enough, the service staff approached us and gave us ice cold towel! Note: when you are in Bali and ride motorcycle to get around, the ice cold towel could be a really nice gesture for the guests before they start the dining experience.

Apple Chuhai (Left) - the Chuhai is made with local shochu distilled from fermented sugarcane and carbonated water flavor with fruit juice // Rp 35k
Lemon Mint Juice (Right) // Rp 20k

The apple Chuhai was sweet, tangy, and energizing, and the thirst-quenching lemon mint juice is my boyfriend's favorite drink there.


Cured Salmon Carpaccio
Marinated Tasmanian Salmon sashimi, with carrot puree,
mix salad, and parsley floss
Rp 75k

This entree was refreshing and fine, there was nothing so mind-blowing about this, but since I love salmon, the plate was empty in a minute.

Tuna Avocado Tataki
Panko coated tuna and avocado with tataki dressing and mayonaise
Rp 45k

Usually, usually I don't like eating tuna being half cooked like this. I ate once in Jakarta, and it was a torture to finish the meal. BUT THIS, this one was out of this world. The half cooked part was just right, it melts right into your mouth, great combination with the avocado. I guess there are no bad dish, we just need to find the right one! Four thumbs up! (legs and hands!)


Sushi Aburicious (5pcs)
Chef selection of seared sushi nigiri
Rp 50k

THIS is one affordable beautiful plate of the chef selection of aburi sushi. This dish lives up to my high expectation, after my boyfriend eagerly convinced told me that we must order TWO portions of this (one for each of us), since it was that good. Well well well, it turned out to be pretty darn aburicious!

Let me start from the LEFT:
Tuna - so good, better than most I've tried but still so good ;
Snapper fish- let me pause for a second, how do I put this. You know, that sensation when you eat something so extremely exquisite, so delicate and your eyeballs rolled back in your head, yes! that one! for the most delicious butterfish I've ever eaten, I can't believe they only gave me ONE piece! Now imagine if we only order 1 portion! ;
+ Wagyu beef - it was smokey and melt right into your mouth, although if you want to compare the beef and the fish, the fish were obviously more delicate than the beef ;
Butterfish - the texture was comparable with the tuna, this was the fish meat that I like the least on the plate, however it still tasted excellent!
+ Prawn - the prawn must be the most normal thing on this plate, still the texture and taste were satisfying and delish!

Okay, I am salivating over this picture, need to calm down. Let's move on!


Butterfish Misozuke
Grill miso marinated gindara
Rp 40k

The fish was so soft. It was well cooked, literally perfectly cooked. Love it, love it. The mushroom was juicy and yummy. I know that this is not a sushi or sashimi dish, but certainly a must try!


Salmon Special Aburi Roll
Prawn, salmon skin, cucumber topped salmon mayo
Rp 90k

The aburi rolls was pleasant and rich (still can't beat the aburicious up there!), and the texture was super!


Kajin Kushiagi Set
Assorted deep fried seafood and vegetable skewers
Rp 58k

There was not so much things to brag about this dish, but overall everything was perfect and the sauces were so yum, perhaps we were too full and couldn't enjoy the Kushiagi set to its full potential. It was not soggy and the crunch was perfect!



I'd totally recommend this sushi bar for everyone who is going to Bali! I will surely come back!

Kajin Japanese Contemporary Sushi
Jalan Petitenget 98x, Level 2
Bali, Indonesia
Phone: +62 361 4741464
Opening Hours:
Everyday: 6pm - 10pm
kajinbali@gmail.com
http://kajinbali.com/

Price: $$
Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment