Saturday, November 28, 2015

Teppei - Japanese Omakase (Singapore)



Finally! After waiting for a long and painful 3 months, I got to eat at this small 18-20 seats restaurant. The place offers omakase as the dining experience, means that it is up to the chef to decide what we're going to eat that day. I chose the option with 20 course menu, it costs around $118 per pax. I suggest to book 3-6 months beforehand if you want to secure a space to eat there! If you are not a fan of omakase, you can also try out their lunch menu, but you still need to queue. The location is nearby Tanjong Pagar MRT, at the same row as Sushi Kou.




Saga Beef and Tuna! Look at those babies! These were going to be served for us :)

OK. Brace yourself, the food pictures are coming.




Oooh, and I loveee this pumpkin and crab soup, so soft and creamy, if you are a fan of porridge and hot soup like I do, you're gonna love this one.


OK, let me highlight this one dish, or shall I say snack, as it's (kind of) still in the same family as popcorn. But the difference is, it's made out of barley! So fascinating <3


Saga Beef from just now :D

The freshest tomato I've ever eaten. Amazingly juicy and sweet.


Calpis ice cream forever!

Love all the fish and beef, it was super fresh and tender, the only dislike that I had was the crab was a bit fishy :( But it was still delicious and served with generous amount! :)

Teppei-san himself is a goofy man. He likes to interact and have fun with his customers. When I was dining there, suddenly the light went off and all of the chefs, waiters, and waitresses wore colorful glow-in-the-dark glasses! They were celebrating one of the customer's birthday! It was an epic and unforgettable moment for me. 

Oh, and just a few months back, Teppei-san has opened a new outlet for express Japanese gourmet food. Just go down to the Takashimaya Basement 2 at Orchard, and among the mouthwatering food jungle food stalls outside the foodcourt, you will find Teppei Syokudo.

Teppei Japanese Restaurant
#01-18, Orchid Hotel, 1 Tras Link 
(Near Tanjong Pagar MRT Station)
Phone: +65 6222 7363
Daily: 12pm - 2.30pm, 6pm- 10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment